One of my favorite dishes of all times! I like how the sweet and sour combination tastes in my mouth. Who doesn’t? 😆
1 small red pepper, julienned
1 small green pepper, julienned
1 medium sized onion, chopped
1 carrot, sliced
1 cup broccoli florets (optional)
10 pcs quail eggs, boiled and peeled (optional)
1/2 cup water
3 tsp cornstarch dissolve in 5 tsp water
⭐ Deep fried chicken:
1-2 lbs chicken fillet, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cup cornflour
1 pc egg, beaten
2 cups cooking oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
5 tbsp tomato ketchup
3/4 cup vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp pepper
1. Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and marinate for 1 hour.
2. Roll the marinated chicken in the cornstarch and dip into the beaten egg mixture then back to the cornstarch.
3. Heat the cooking oil and deep fry the chicken.
4. In a separate pan, pour together the sauce ingredients and add water. Let boil.
5. Add the broccoli florets and carrots. Cook for 4 minutes.
6. Add the onion, green and red pepper and, cook for another 4 minutes.
7. Add the deep fried chicken cubes and coat with sauce (add more water as needed).
8. Pour the cornstarch diluted in water, stir until sauce becomes thick.
9. Add the quail eggs.
10. Transfer to a serving dish.
Enjoy slaving away over a hot stove!