General Tso’s Chicken is a famous Asian dish made of cube-sized deep fried chicken coated with a slightly spicy and sour sauce. Here is my easy version.
⭐ Deep Fried Chicken:
1.5 lbs chicken fillet, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 onion, minced
1 egg, beaten
2 cups cooking oil
1 1/2 cup cornstarch
scallions or chives for garnish
2 tsp garlic powder
3 gloves garlic, minced
1 1/4 cup water
1 chicken cube, crushed
3 tbsp vinegar
5 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1-2 tsp pepper flakes
3 tbsp cornstarch diluted in 3 tbsp water
4 tbsp soy sauce
sprinkle of salt and pepper
1. Combine the chicken with the marinade mixture and marinate for 1 to 3 hours.
2. Prepare the sauce in a large bowl, stir. Set aside.
3. Coat the marinated chicken with cornstrach and dip into the beaten egg mixture then dip back to the cornstarch.
4. Heat oil and deep fry chicken until brown.
5. Remove the chicken from the pan and drain excess oil.
6. In a separate pan, heat oil and saute onion.
7. Pour the sauce mixture, stir until thickened.
8. Add the chicken and stir until each piece is coated with sauce.
9. Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with chives or scallions.
Enjoy slaving away over a hot stove!