Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
I guess this is the first time I actually kinda try to celebrate Thanksgiving.
Every time I hear the word THANKSGIVING, the first thing that comes to mind is a turkey, a very delicious roasted turkey. I don’t have any more time to buy a turkey so I just used whatever it is I had in the fridge and made my Thanksgiving meal.
To celebrate Thanksgiving my own way, I made Adobong Pusit or squid.
1/2 kg squid, backbone removed
3 cloves garlic
1 medium onion
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp vinegar
1/2 cup Sprite or 7-up
salt and pepper
1. Saute the garlic and onion in a pan once oil is hot.
2. Add the squid, cook for 3 minutes.
3. Pour in the soy sauce and the sprite, stir and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
5. Pour the vinegar and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Adjust the taste by adding more sprite or soy sauce depending on your preference.
7. Remove from pan and serve.
Happy Thanksgiving once again!