Another easy to make recipe that consists of an egg, wrapped with ground meat and coated with bread crumbs, kind of similar to the Filipino street food, Kwek-kwek. It is perfect to serve for breakfast or as a snack.
Scotch eggs can be cooked by either deep-frying or baking.
1 lb ground pork or beef
6 pcs eggs, boiled and peeled
1 pc egg, beaten
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp sage
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup bread crumbs
1. Mix the parsley, thyme, sage, black pepper and ground meat in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Peel the boiled eggs.
3. Take out a handful of meat, flatten it and wrap it around the egg.
4. Lightly roll it in the flour and dip in the beaten egg.
5. Roll it in bread crumbs, make sure to cover the entire egg evenly.
6. Deep fry until golden brown.
7. Cut in half and serve.