Buko pandan is a very popular dessert in the Philippines that uses pandan leaves as its basic ingredient. Other people would add macapuno or kopyor coconut for extra flavor.
In places where it’s hard to find pandan leaves, the pandan essence is really useful and you can use it for a long time. If you don’t have fresh shredded coconut, you can also use the packed shredded ones found in the stores.
1 pack shredded coconut
1 can condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk
2/3 cup tapioca pearls
1 tsp pandan essence
1 pack unflavored green gelatin
1. Cook the tapioca pearls according to package instructions.
2. Drain the cooked tapioca pearls and place them in a bowl.
3. Mix the gelatin according to package instructions and set aside.
4. Put the gelatin in the fridge to mold.
4. In the same bowl with the tapioca pearls, add the condensed milk, evaporated milk, shredded coconut and pandan essence.
5. Once the gelatin is set, slice into cubes and add to the mixture.
6. Put inside the fridge to cool.
***You can also top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream 😀