I found an easy way to make a flan without the steaming hassle and all that stuff.
I saw this Jell-O flan pack while I was doing grocery shopping last week. It was really cheap for only 2 SRD. At some supermarket it might cost about 5 SRD per box.
2 pck Jell-O flan
3 to 4 egg yolks
2 cups milk
Follow the basic flan instruction in the box:
1. Open caramel sauce packet (it comes in the box) and pour it into a mold or small bowl.
2. Stir flan mix into 2 cups of milk in small saucepan.
3. Add the egg yolks, stir.
4. Bring to a full boil on medium heat, stirring constantly.
5. Pour the mix over the caramel.
6. Refrigerate for one to two hours.
7. Invert into a platter.
***The mixture will become thin after stirring on medium heat that’s why I added the egg yolks to make it a little thick.
***I don’t think it’s still necessary to run a small metal spatula around the bowl or mold to remove it (as instructed in the box) because the caramel sauce is already greasy. The flan will come loose when you invert it in the platter.