Have you ever had a moment where you go to work and turns out they changed your schedule, so you have to go back home and have more “me-time” to yourself?
Today is one of those days!
My supervisor admittingly forgot to inform me that she changed my part-time schedule from the 4th of September to the 15th. I went to the ER, fresh and excited along with my baked cookies and ended up going home.
I’m kinda okay with it because it simply means I can eat dinner at home. 🙂
My priceless kind of moments.
This evening, I made my own version of chicken tinola.
2 lbs chicken, cut to serving pieces
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 thumb ginger, stripped
1L rice washing
2 pcs potatoes, cut into wedges (you can use papaya or sayote)
2 tbsp fish oil
1 pc chicken cube (you can add one more if you want it a little concentrated)
4 heads baby bok choy, chopped (you can use pepper leaves or malunggay leaves)
1 tsp pepper flakes
2 tsp cooking oil
1. Saute the garlic, onion and ginger.
2. Add chicken, saute until light brown.
3. Add the fish sauce, mix well.
4. Pour in the rice washing and chicken cubes, bring to a boil. Simmer for 45 minutes.
5. Put in the potatoes. Cook for 8 minutes.
6. Add the baby bok choy. Cover and let simmer for 3 minutes.
7. Sprinkle the pepper flakes.
8. Serve hot.
What do you have for dinner?