This is one of my favorite dishes when I was still in the Philippines. We usually buy the ready-made ones, then all you have to do is just heat the oil and pan fry it. There! Easy breakfast.
Longganisa can either be with skin or skinless. The type of longganisa depends on which region in the Philippines prepared or made it.
Longganisa is a sausage flavored with local spices somewhat similar to the Spanish chorizo.
1 kg ground pork
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Prepare the wax paper, 4″ x 4″.
3. Put 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp of meat in the wax paper, roll.
4. Keep in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
5. Slowly remove the wax paper and pan fry in low heat with small amount of oil.
6. Transfer to plate. Sprinkle sesame seeds and chives.
7. Serve with rice.