Hooray! Finally, a day off after 4 days straight duty. This August, I noticed that I only have one day off after a few days work. And yes, it’s tiring!
So, on a Satur-OFF-day, I’m treating myself and my Fiancee to these Hawaiian cornflakes cookies! 😀
1 1/2 cup cornflakes, slightly crushed
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp pineapple juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup flour
1/3 cup quick oats
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup almond, crushed (or any kind of nuts)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Mix butter with the granulated and brown sugar using a mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg, vanilla extract and pineapple juice. Beat and blend well.
4. Combine the flour, oats, salt, baking powder and baking soda to the mixture.
5. Add coconut, cornflakes and almonds.
6. Mold into a round shape and place on the parchment or baking sheet. Flatten slightly.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
8. Allow to cool in room temperature.