Sunday dinner should always be special.
I saw a picture of this mouthwatering honey sesame chicken on the internet.
I guess this will be perfect for tonight.
1/2 kg chicken fillet
2 tbsp cooking wine
1 tbsp sesame seed oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp white sugar
5 tbsp flour
4 tbsp cornstarch
½ tsp pepper
3-4 cups vegetable oil
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp honey
4 tbsp tomato ketchup
4 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp sweet chili sauce (optional)
½ cup water
1. Cut chicken fillet to cube size
2. Combine chicken, soy sauce, sesame oil, cooking wine and sugar in a container and marinate for 1-2 hours or overnight.
3. Mix together flour, cornstarch and pepper in another container.
4. Add the chicken to flour mixture, cover the container and shake until the chicken pieces are well coated.
5. Pour the oil in a medium sized pan. Toss chicken in the pan until golden brown.
6. Mix together oyster sauce, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce and water in a separate pan.
7. Bring to a boil and let simmer until the sauce thickens.
8. Put chicken in the pan and mix with the sauce.
9. Sprinkle with sesame seed and serve.